Restorative Culture is…
- centered around relationship
- one in which our humanity is re-claimed and celebrated
- a “compass” rather than a “map”
- one in which covenants – rather than contracts – are sought
- one in which individual voices are heard and acknowledged
- one in which justice – rather than order – is sought
- a way of “being,” not merely “doing”
- an intentional way of finding peace and living peacefully
Together they have trained over 2,500 educators throughout the mid-west, in California, and South Africa in areas of Cultural Competency, Implicit Bias, and Restorative Justice.
- Billie Mayo
- Tony Neal
- Phil Hunsberger
- Examine historical context of authority and how that contributes to behavior challenges.
- Understand structures and protocols that mitigate differences in cultures and backgrounds
- Analyze current and potential policies, procedures, and practices to reduce office referrals.
- Transform interventions to reduce conflict in the classroom.
- Examine growth-mindsets versus fixed mindsets for academics and behavior.
- Understand how school cultures create oppressions that impact student engagement.
- Analyze the benefits of a restorative school culture
- Transform school environments and traditions to maximize inclusivity.
Data: Evidence & Impact
- Examine the historical underpinnings of defining intellectual capacity using assessments.
- Understand the racial constructs that impact student achievement and motivation.
- Analyze how the cycle of socialization influences student identity and motivation.
- Transform assessment practices to reflect improved cultural consciousness.
Family and Community Connection
- Examine the impact of contract vs covenant on families and communities.
- Understand how family and community engagement is strengthened through restorative practices.
- Analyze the present dynamics of family and community engagement with an empowerment lens.
- Transform decision-making processes and power structures to authentically include students, parents and communities.
Contact Educational Equity Consultants to schedule trainings.